Yesterday I finished reading Les Parrott’s book You’re Stronger Than You Think. Parrott is endeavoring to help people find the inner strength that they do have, regardless of whether they realize it or not. In order to help them access that strength, Parrott makes the following suggestions (which are actually the chapter titles):
- Think Simply: There’s Strength in Clearing Your Head
- Think Expectantly: There’s Strength in Anticipation
- Feel Vulnerable: There’s Strength in Owning Your Weakness
- Feel Connected: There’s Strength in Being Known
- Be Emptied: There’s Strength in Surrender
- Be Bold: There’s Strength in Taking Risks
After every two chapters, then there’s a section called “Making It Real.”
While I found some of Parrott’s suggestions helpful, I feel that this is a bit more theoretical than is easily applicable. A bit less theory and a bit more practicality would make this a book that is much more helpful.
I received a free copy of this book from Tyndale House Publishers in exchange for an honest review.